There’s this habit I have – I am always looking at people’s shoes when I’m on the train. I know others like to ‘people watch’ while getting to their destination.
But me, I’m different. It’s not that I have a shoe fetish, no no. It just fascinates me, this object we call ‘shoes’.
Shoes have gone beyond just being purely functional. They exist for a reason beyond form. We buy shoes for its aesthetic quality and to express ourselves.
Yes, the shoes we wear speak volumes about our personality. So you could imagine my excitement when I heard about this new line of shoes called Crocs. Entirely made out of resin, Crocs is the epitome of comfort and style.
It floats and moulds to your feet and doesn’t weigh much – yes, it’s literally as light as a feather. Crocs comes in a myriad of colours – all 17 of them. Think funky shades like bright fuchsia pink and barney purple! I got a chance to try the “Beach” Crocs out recently and was really impressed. These shoes are fuss-free and need no maintenance; just dunk it into the water and it’s as good as new.
It’s also slip-resistant, perfect for the clumsy person I am. Worried about stinky feet? Fret not; the material used to make crocs is anti-microbial and it’ll be next to impossible for any bacteria to grow. Invented in the U.S., Crocs is actually a boat shoe perfect for the beach, and basically anywhere and everywhere.
Here’s the best part, it comes in a large variety of sizes, perfect for people like me who have big feet. Kudos to the people who dreamt big and made Crocs shoes a reality. It’s like a dream come true. Manolo, watch out… here comes Crocs.
“Beach” Crocs are priced at SG$49.95/pair (before GST) and available at many fine Singapore retailers:
* Assisted Living @ 236 Balestier Road
* Cart #19 @ Raffles City Shopping Centre, Level 3 (by food court)
* Cart @ Suntec City, Tower 1, First Floor Foyer
* Coho Fishing @ 14 Bali Lane
* Divemasters Pratama @ #09-07, Tan Boon Liat Bldg
* Gallen Sports @ 03-09/16 Parkway Parade
* Inphnite @ #01-38 Queensway Shopping Centre
* Interpax Shoes @ #03-20 Holland road Shopping Centre
* Marsden Bros Dive Centre @ 113 Holland Rd.
* Mother Works @ #01-29A Great World City & #03-11C Tanglin Mall
* Our place Total Health Products @ #02-91 International
* Photo Wonder @ #01-19 The Woodgrove
* Scuba Corner @ Blk 809 French Road #04-162 Kitchener Complex
* Sentosa – Island Life Shop @ Hub3, Siloso Beach
* ScubaHub @ 31 Bali Lane
* Sanwin Sports @ #01-10 Holland Road Shopping Centre
* Treasure Links @ #02-16 Jelita Shopping Centre